ICE is an independently run comic convention brought to you by Event Director Shane Chebsey, who previously helped to organise now famous events like BICS and Comics Launchpad. Shane is helped by a dedicated group of staff and volunteers who love comics just as much as you do.
We believe in exposing our visitors to a wide variety of comics from the most exciting new superheroes to the coolest indy and small press books. Our guest list reflects this too with guests from both the big publishing companies and the smallest publishers.
When you visit our events you can also expect to see a wide variety of exhibitors, from those selling collectables to creators selling their own work.
You can expect to meet some of your favourite creators at special signings and maybe even walk away with a unique sketch from your favourite artist.
There is also an astonishing program of panels, talks and interviews running through the day featuring many of our guests.
This all happens under one roof in the vibrant city centre of Birmingham and costs just £15.00 when you book in advance.
Our conventions are open to advanced booking visitors from 10am and doors open to the general public from 11am.
The Events close at 5.30pm
If you ‘d like to find out more about our events please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A few people have been asking us what ICE is all about. Why do we do it? What makes it different from other conventions and what can they expect when they visit?
Well for 2016 we have re defined our mission statement as follows:
THE INTERNATIONAL COMIC EXPO MISSION STATEMENT
• ICE is a medium sized, non profit making comic convention attracting a growing number of people to the city of Birmingham, UK every September and includes a large guest list of creators from all over the world, around 120 exhibitors including publishers, dealers and creatives and a full program of educational and fun events.
We aim to attract a wide demographic of visitors with 60% of our paying visitors in 2016 being between 25 – 40 years old with 40% of those being female.
• Any funds raised from the convention go back into improving and expanding the event for the following year.
• We stand for inclusion, diversity, creativity and integrity.
• We champion artistic expression, equality and fairness
• We care about literacy for reluctant readers, freedom of
speech and creator’s rights.
• The purpose of ICE is to create a safe, friendly and fun environment with a sense of occasion for those who love the medium of comics to enjoy sequential art in all of its forms by making artists and writers from all over the world accessible to our visitors.
• We aim to give small publishers and independent artists and writers an affordable platform to reach more readers and to make valuable industry contacts.
• We give retailers and dealers an affordable platform to sell comics and comic related merchandise. We recognise the importance of the retail and distribution sector of the industry and support it.
• Finally we value the input of our guests and vow to always treat them with the respect and courtesy they deserve. We believe that guests and exhibitors should enjoy ICE as much as the fans and we always strive to put everyone first.
ICE is also attached to the International Comic Industry Conference “Comics Uncovered” happening the following day to the convention, which is devoted entirely to helping creators improve their skills and make essential contacts within the industry.
This event is supported by CBCS and has featured guest speakers and artists from most major publishers including Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Humanoids, Titan Comics and Image Comics as well as many smaller publishers.